Do endless sunscreen options leave you burnt out? The United States Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) is cracking down to regulate testing and labelling – all to make it easier to choose the best sun protection to protect against your skin’s worst enemy.
These new regulations correspond with improvements made to Dermalogica’s Daylight Defence – meaning your favourite SPF products deliver even more sun protection and skin care benefits!
micro-encapsulation delivers the ultimate defence
UV Smart Booster Technology: Research shows that antioxidant vitamins are as important as sunscreens when defending the skin from damaging UV rays and free radicals. Daylight Defence products contain this technology, allowing for increased antioxidant protection against UV rays.
Oleosome Technology: these moisture-rich spheres allow for increased SPF performance of a product while using fewer chemical sunscreens, resulting in a product that is even more wearable and even less likely to cause sensitivity. (Featured in Solar Defense Booster SPF50 and Oil Free Matte SPF30.)
dermalogica and broad spectrum defence
Only sunscreens that pass the FDA’s Broad Spectrum test (providing proportional protection against UVA and UVB rays) may be labeled as “Broad Spectrum.”
All Dermalogica products containing SPF have been sent to independent laboratories to verify our “Broad Spectrum” status. Meet the improved Daylight Defence products
- Add critical UV defence to your moisturiser or foundation with this Broad Spectrum, versatile sunscreen for all skin conditions.
- An increase in SPF from 30 to 50 combines with UV Smart Booster Technology and Oleosome Technology to enhance photoprotection.
- Mix with your Dermalogica Moisturiser to boost UV defence.
- Oil-free, Broad Spectrum sunscreen mattifies to prevent shine on oily and breakout-prone skin.
- Contains exclusive UV Smart Booster Technology and Oleosome Technology to enhance photoprotection.
- Yeast Extract, Horse Chestnut and Niacinamide help control the triggers that lead to breakouts.
- Chemical-free Broad Spectrum sunscreen minimises sensitivity, redness and irritation in sensitised, reactive and recently resurfaced skin.
- Contains exclusive UV Smart Booster Technology, and UltraCalming Complex™ to help minimise neurogenic and immunogenic inflammation.
- Lavender, Green Tea and Licorice soothe irritation.