There are a lot of skin care serums out there, and many have overlapping benefits. To help you choose the right Dermalogica serum, consult this guide from our skin health experts.
Kick-start skin’s hydration cycle: Circular Hydration Serum immediately floods skin with hydration, replenishes from within, and helps prevent future hydration evaporation.
• Immediately hydrates to quench dehydrated skin
• Delivers long-lasting hydration to help prevent future dehydration
• Replenishes skin from within
Our top choice for wrinkles is Phyto-Nature Firming Serum, which is actually two serums in one. It uses biomimetic peptides and potent botanicals to reawaken the nature of younger-looking skin.
• Doubles skin’s luminosity after just 1 application.
• Minimises the appearance of fine lines after just 1 application.
• Reduces visible wrinkles in 4 weeks.
That would be BioLumin-C Serum! This brightening Vitamin C
serum outperforms the competition by delivering three times more
Vitamin C to skin.
• Exfoliates and reduces unbalanced pigmentation.
• Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
• Prevents and corrects free radical damage.
Acne + ageing
Clear breakouts and related signs of skin ageing simultaneously by using a 2-in-1 solution like AGE Bright Clearing Serum.
• Exfoliates to help prevent breakouts and accelerate cell turnover.
• Boosts skin radiance in 1 week.
• Reduces the appearance of breakouts and post-inflammatory
hyperpigmentation in 4 weeks.
Retinol Clearing Oil is a high-performance night oil that combines Retinol and Salicylic Acid into one skin-soothing formula that Exfoliates to help prevent breakouts and accelerate cell turnover.
• Targets breakouts and visible signs of premature skin ageing at the same time.
• Renews and soothes skin overnight.
• Delivers clearer, more vibrant skin by morning.
Use PowerBright Dark Spot Serum, a potent hyperpigmentation-fading serum that starts fading the appearance of dark spots within days.
• Fades dark spots in just days.
• Helps prevent future dark spots.
• Brightens and boosts skin’s natural luminosity.
Our top choice is UltraCalming Serum Concentrate, the ultimate
antidote for sensitive skin. This super-concentrated gel is packed with
skin soothing ingredients.
• Helps calm and prevent flare-ups, itching and redness.
• Helps restore sensitised skin – great after non-invasive
• Features our exclusive UltraCalming Complex.
We vote for MultiVitamin Power Serum, a velvety-smooth formula
that combines microencapsulated vitamins A, C and E to provide
• Helps retexturise and revitalise skin.
• Minimises the appearance of fine lines and sun-induced skin ageing.
• Provides antioxidant protection.
Nourish your skin back to health with Phyto Replenish Oil. Wear it
alone or layered under foundation for all-day dewy skin!
• Feather-light treatment oil rapidly absorbs to reinforce the
skin’s protective barrier.
• Hydrates to help smooth the appearance of fine lines.
• Shields skin against free radical damage.
Neck + decollete
Don’t neglect your neck: Neck Fit Contour Serum gives the neck and
decollete a skin care workout.
• Smooths and firms the skin on the neck and decollete.
• Immediately tightens skin, and tones it over time, for a visibly
lifted and sculpted appearance.
What is a serum anyway?
Skin care serums are topical treatments that target specific skin concerns. They are usually applied after cleansing and/or exfoliating, but before facial oils or moisturisers, for the best results. Facial oils and moisturisers can create a protective barrier that prevents serums from absorbing into your skin surface, which is why serums should go on first. You can apply one serum or layer different serums on top of one another to treat different concerns.
How do I layer serums?
Apply your serums from lightest texture to heaviest texture. If you are unsure whether it is OK to layer your serums, ask a Dermalogica skin therapist.
Want to learn more about which targeted treatments fit into your skincare routine?
Visit your local Dermalogica skin therapist for a completely customised regimen.